Thursday, April 29, 2010

Taking Care Of Business

I don't remember if I mentioned this to you all or not, but something came up with one of my thrift store colleagues last week, and as it turns out, she is no longer a member of the staff. It's a bummer too, since, at least what I've seen of her on the job anyway, she's been a great asset. Adjustments to others' schedules had to be made to compensate for her absence. Between now and May 19, I'll be working all day Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

Around this time of year, the back room has been getting crowded. In an attempt to step up my game, something I've been trying to do is get out on the sales floor whatever I can and what I can't I'll put in whatever bin has been designated for the item in question. (And I may be buying some books to help make the bookshelves less crowded.)

On Saturday, I'm scheduled to run the register in the morning. However, when the person who is scheduled to run it in the afternoon comes in, my agenda (time permitting) will be as follows:

1.Price/put out on sales floor whatever I can. (There are some things, such as books, shoes, and belts that have some sort of default price and can usually go out on the sales floor right away. The items I'm currently authorized to price are bedding, towels, curtains, valances, potholders, doilies, placemats, napkins, and tablecloths.)

2.Go through a couple of sacks of toys to make sure they're not damaged, stained, etc. If they're in okay shape, put them in the bin designated for them; if not, discard them.

3. Sort through any other donations that have come in to the best of my ability.

4. Break down boxes to be recycled.

Yes, I'm sure I will be able to make myself useful from Saturday on.

No comments:

Post a Comment