Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cellphones And The Accommodite

I first had a cellphone from when I was 21 to a month and a half after I moved to St. Louis to live with my dad, during which time the phone expired and a new one for me wasn't feasible. Shortly after I returned to Pittsburg due to some major health problems my dad had, I got a cell phone again.

There have been a couple of cellphone no-nos I've committed (and I'm not talking about having it on at inappropriate times). First, there was a time when I didn't have it on at a time that I should have which made it difficult for others to contact me. Second, I've been guilty of putting off setting up my voicemail. I've been chastised over both.

I have had the number I have now since late October. It wasn't until the day after my birthday (a week and a half ago) that I had gotten the voicemail set up. There were times when I was like, "Hmm, I really should set up my voice mail." But I didn't do it. I've even gotten an email from my dad chastising me over not having set up my voicemail especially since I've been in the process of seeking employment and could've missed out on a job opportunity or two on account of people not being able to contact me. Even after I set my voicemail up, I still felt awful about having put it off for so long. After all, is such behavior becoming for someone who is a 25-year-old college graduate, not to mention someone who was raised on Christian values? Um, no. All I know is that if I'm ever going to keep from letting a future employer and/or my future husband down, I've got to get my act together on things like this and stop the procrastination.

This time around, I try to keep my phone on and nearby whenever possible. And if I ever do change phone numbers, so help me if I don't get the voice mail set up right away.  After all, there's no telling who might call.

No comments:

Post a Comment