Saturday, April 24, 2010

Alcohol And The Accommodite

This may bother some people if they knew this about me, but I've been known to drink once in a while. Most of the time, I drink either in my own home or my sister's though I have occasionally had a beer or two at a bar. I'm not a chugger, though. I'm mainly a "let's take our time with this shall we" kind of drinker. Even if I do get drunk, I don't do anything scary or expose myself in a way that I shouldn't. I'm usually either giggly or mellow.

I'll tell you, though, I'm selective as to who I drink in front of. Nobody in my immediate family seems to have a problem with me drinking nor do, say any of my parents' peers or sister's peers. However, there are some people in my life who would never hear of me drinking. One of them is my Southern Baptist grandmother on my dad's side of the family. She is very much against drinking, and she's not the only one who believes that alcohol and Christians don't mix. Needless to say, I won't drink in front of her, and if I tell her about something I got to go do, I leave out the part about drinking, if there was any involved.

I don't know where you all stand on drinking. If you're okay with it, I'd be happy to go enjoy a beer with you. If you're against it, if I'm around you, I'll settle for a Mountain Dew or something. I've heard that, when in doubt, it's best to go with the most conservative view on something. I don't know about the most conservative view, but maybe one should go with the most definite view at the time. Alcohol is a gray area to me personally, but if you have a more black-and-white view, I'll respect it and try not to offend you.

No comments:

Post a Comment