Wednesday, April 21, 2010

No Mind! Sit! Stay! No!

Normally I don't do this, but it's time I came clean about a really dumb trait that I have. There are times when my mind will wander to some random place, and then I'm wondering about, staring off into space, talking to myself, jumping out of my chair (in my own room) or some crazy nonsense like that.

My family has caught me doing stuff like that and has asked me why I do it. The truth is, I don't really know why. All I know is that it's embarassing and that it bothers others. There's no reason for me to do that kind of random movement at all.

I don't have any kind of mental illness that I know of. I think I just need to make sure that my mind is in the right place at the right time whenever possible. When my mind wanders, there's the danger of my body following it, and that is not good, especially when I could be engaged in something useful. If there was some sort of exercise to control my wandering mind, I'd do it. (Maybe I could come up with something for in the morning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment