Monday, May 10, 2010

Maybe It Was A Good Thing I Planned On Working All Week

Today, I was the only cashier on duty at the thrift store that I volunteer at. There'd normally be another cashier on duty on Mondays (whom I usually cover for when she's on her lunch break or needs a smoke break), but she was out sick. So, I was on the register almost all day.

Now it turns out that said cashier has something she has to do tomorrow afternoon and might not be able to make it in. The manager asked if I might be able to cover for that person. I said I would. In fact, I was planning on being in on all week simply because of so much that there is to be done. (It's garage sale season, which means lots of items that don't get sold being donated.)

Besides all of the items that will need to be put out on display, there are also boxes that need to be broken down. I may be doing the latter tomorrow depending on whatever else I'm up to so that the person that ranks above the manager won't be so upset about all of the empty boxes. (The manager said that there were some other people he had told to do it, but they never did. While I'll see to it that said people who are supposed to do it get the memo if they show up, but if they don't, and I end up being the one taking care of it, so be it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment