Wednesday, May 5, 2010

At The Risk Of Going Over The Line...

I made an early appearance at the thrift store I work at. I'm normally there between 9:15 and 10:00, if I'm scheduled to be there around opening time. However, I went in at 8:50 since I knew that there was so much to get done. There were priced items to put out, fabric to prepare for pricing, boxes to break down, etc. Did I get all of that done today? I wish. We keep getting so much stuff this time of year that we're lucky if we are able to find places for it all.

I'll probably make yet another early appearance tomorrow. I don't know if I'll get in trouble for it, but if I do, I'm prepared to explain that there is so much to be done, and to come in after 9 isn't cutting it. (The store opens at ten and closes at four.) Besides, the manager lives out of town and can only show up so often whereas I live 20 minutes away (walking distance) from the store and don't have much going on with my life that can't be moved around. If I need to go in a little beyond an hour before opening time every single business day, so be it. The more I can get done will be all the less that the manager or anyone else has to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment