Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Been MIA Here Lately; Sorry

I feel bad that I haven't posted here in a while. Even though there were various times this past week when I saw or thought of something I could've put here, my attention has been elsewhere.

Lately, I've been trying to edit a novel that I did for Nano Wrimo (National Novel Writing Month) back in November. Because I met the 50,000 word goal for that, I was one of the participants who was offered a chance to get a free manuscript copy of the novel via Createscript. Some of the people elected not to bother with editing before getting the copy.  I had tried to make mine ready for formal publication. However, between various distractions and the slew of ideas in connection to the novel that came to me at close to the last minute, while I still plan to take advantage of the Createscript offer, I'm ready to show my work to anyone yet. 

As it stands right now, my dad expects me to account to him for the progress made on any writing projects that I do.  He'll probably be disappointed that my novel has yet to be edited enough for me to show him or anyone else. I'm hoping there won't be a lot of questions and/or lecturing involved on his end after I've explained the situation. However, my new goal is to make it presentable in time for his birthday, which is in October. The particular version will be an "uncensored" version, which will likely involve some swearing, alcohol use, etc.

However, I think after that, I will do another version of it, a "clean" one if you will, editing out swearing or anything else that would likely offend relatives and/or people I know from church. I'm hoping to have that version ready in time for Christmas.

I apologize for any disappointment I may have caused anybody who has dropped by at any time by not keeping up with the posting as much. I will try to get more in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment