Friday, June 18, 2010

Plenty Of Things To Do Unto Others While My Sister's Away Both House-related And Otherwise

As of tomorrow, my sister and her household will be out of town for a week. During that time, I will be looking after the pets and the house (something I wouldn't be able to do if I had a job keeping me in my hometown and/or if I was still in St. Louis with my dad). I'll be doing things like vacuuming the floors, watering the plants, feeding the animals, and walking the dogs.

Then there are non-household things I need to do. One is write to Dad and/or find a Father's Day card for him tomorrow. On Sunday, I'll need to at least attempt to call him. I will also need to work on rewrites for a novel I did a draft of in November so that I can truthfully give him positive answers regarding how I'm doing on that should it come up. The last thing I need on Father's Day is to warrant any lecturing and/or questions like "Why haven't you done xyz?" (I just hope he doesn't ask about whether or not I've been doing "backups" on my work.) I also can't help but wonder if I need to be extra-sensitive about what he expects out of me since he took a severe beating from his diabetes in October. I'd rather not stress him out with let downs of any kind if I can help it. 

I would like to tell you that I was a total angel who never did anything to upset or disappoint him during the nine-and-a-half months I lived with him, but sadly, I did mess up at times. I don't know for sure if I will return  to him when/if he's able to find something that'll accommodate both of us, but if I do, let's just say I will have to make even more of in effort not to say or do anything that will warrant any tension between us. (I have a feeling that I will end up turning down the offer to return when/if it comes up unless there's some pressing reason to return and/or my mom and stepdad are especially anxious to get rid of me for good before I'm ready to live on my own.)

Yep, a lot to do unto others in the next week. Maybe having this all in mind will help me make more of an effort not to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment