Friday, November 26, 2010

Keepin' It Quiet, Or Trying To Anyway

Today was  Black Friday, so my stepdad was at his job at Home Depot, and I had my volunteer work at a local thrift store. The latter opened two hours than it normally does. My mom, on the other hand, had the day off, so she had license to sleep in.

Given this, I tried to be as quiet as I could this morning. The dishwasher was waiting to be unloaded from last night, but I decided I'd wait until I got home if it wasn't already taken care of by then. (I still can't do it now because my stepdad's sleeping.) As of earlier this fall, I've taken to going about my morning business in slippers while otherwise dressed for the day and putting on my shoes when it was time to go and wearing them from my bedroom out. However, with my mom sleeping and our house having almost no carpeting to muffle the sound of my walking, I decided to carry my shoes to with me to the front door and put them on there. (And as we generally store footwear in the bedroom, I had to take my slippers off in my bedroom and walk to the door in my socks.)  If there was a way to make my door quieter, I would. (The thing squeaked on me. Grrr!)

As long as someone is asleep or trying to sleep, the less noise that those awake make, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment