Friday, October 15, 2010

Giving Up Something I Don't Need As Much As Someone Else

The thrift store that I volunteer at has been running low on hangers for shirts, dresses, etc. The last day that I had worked there was Wednesday, and I ran out of available hangers off and on and therefore had things I couldn't hang up.

Today, I'm giving up some of my hangers that fit the kind that are normally used at said store. (They normally used colorful plastic hangers or the kind that turn at the head.) I have more hangers myself than I can fit in my closet, which is at least part of why sometimes a blouse will share a hanger with a skirt or pants. When/if more of my "closet clothes" wear out, and provided I don't have more coming into my wardrobe, I'll have more hangers freed up that I can donate. If it means most of my own clothing is put on wire hangers or another kind not used at that store, so be it. For my own personal purposes, a hanger is a hanger.

What about you? Do you possess something that you'd be willing to give up if there is someone who needs it more than you do? If so, can you, for your own purposes, substitute in something else for the item that you don't especially need but someone else does?

No comments:

Post a Comment