Saturday, July 31, 2010

Of Course I Have Time

As I may have mentioned, I've been at my sister's house since about mid-May. (I'm due to go back to my own home in a couple of weeks or so.) In addition to looking after her 8-year-old, I'd also help out with some of the housework, such as the dishes, whether I've been requested to do so or not. Occasionally, she'll ask me to clean out the rabbit/guinea pig cage or vacuum or something else, the phrase, "If you have time..." will somehow be involved, like it was tonight.

I'm willing to do what it is she asked me to do, but I wonder what would give her the impression that I didn't have time? I'm in the house more often than not. Whatever time isn't spent with my nephew or playing fetch is likely to be spent watching TV or surfing the net. Just as one who has time to lean has time to clean as the saying goes in some jobs (and I've had jobs with that rule, figuratively speakin), if I have time to be sitting around watching TV or surfing the net or some other nonessential activity, surely I have time to clean that cage, vacuum (provided nobody is trying to sleep at the time), or whatever else needs to be done. I have nothing but time. I might as well use it to help fulfill a need that someone else has.

No comments:

Post a Comment