Thursday, May 27, 2010

I'm Able To Do People Favors Even When I'm Drunk

Last night, I went to a birthday party in my sister's neighborhood. I got drunk on two beers and a rum/club soda cocktail. I didn't do anything stupid that I know of, but I was wobbly and numb.

My nephew and I went home before my sister and her boyfriend. Someone who hadn't been drinking had taken me and my nephew home. Even in my drunken state, I managed to let the dogs out and back in per my sister's request and make my nephew a snack and tuck him in per his request.

Maybe that whole thing with accommodating for others' needs is so ingrained in my nature or such a reflex for me that it stays whether I'm drunk or sober, as is say, remembering to buckle my seatbelt when I get into a car.

It could very well be that if a person constantly accommodates for the needs of others while sober, it may be so second nature to them that they could do so even when drunk. (If you do anyone any favors when you're drunk, one of said favors must not include driving as it's both illegal and dangerous.) At least, that might be the case with me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment